Injectable fillers, such as Restylane and Revanesse, are soft tissue fillers made of a biodegradable hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance found in all living organisms and naturally provides volume and fullness to the skin. Injected into the skin it helps to fill in facial wrinkles and volume loss.
All injections are done by a qualified doctor.
What is it?
Over time there is an increasing loss of volume in the face due to degradation of skin tissue and slowing down of the regeneration process. As a result facial lines become more prominent, the skin more lax and facial volume deflates. Treatment with dermal fillers can smooth out folds and wrinkles, add volume to the lips, and contour facial features that have lost their fullness. Facial rejuvenation can be carried out with minimal downtime.
What to expect?
The dermal fillers are injected into the skin with a very fine needle. The products produce a natural volume under the wrinkle, which is lifted up and smoothed out. The results can often be seen immediately. Treatment is generally fast, safe and with minimal side effects. Mild tenderness, swelling and bruising can sometimes be present after the treatment and subside quickly. Patients can immediately return to their regular activities.
These fillers’ effect is temporary, as they are eventually absorbed by the body. Typically fillers last six to 12 months, but can last longer in certain areas and specific individuals.
Conditions it treats
- Nasolabial folds / nose to mouth lines - adding volume and smoothing out the deep creases.
- Plumping thin lips and smoothing out vertical lines around the edges of the lips.
- Enhancing cheeks to augment their shape, often restoring youthful fullness.
- Filling out tear troughs or hollows under the eye area.
- Increasing volume to fill out gauntness in the lower cheek or temple area, which most often occurs due to fat pads shifting beneath the surface of skin.