Fire & Ice is a clinically active intensive treatment proven to treat fine lines, enhance the renewal of skin cells, and resurface the skin.
Enjoy a combination of an intensive exfoliating peel and a luxurious facial in one single session. Awakening your senses, this phenomenal system incorporates both active and soothing formulas, which evokes aromas of warm cinnamon spice and brisk cool peppermint.
You’ll find your skin glowing, blocked pores cleaned, and wrinkles lessened, leaving behind a smooth, healthy glow.
The treatment takes around 30 minutes with long lasting results and no downtime, making it a great way to get ready for big events like weddings, reunions, or engagements.
The iS Clinical Fire & Ice Facial is an intensive clinical treatment which rapidly and safely resurfaces the skin, diminishing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while smoothing, softening, and encouraging overall skin rejuvenation.
The treatment is a multi-step process that deeply cleanses the skin, utilizing a resurfacing mask, peel, serums, and moisturizers.
The ‘Fire’ or heat sensation comes from a combination of ingredients including glycolic acid (sugar cane extract) and retinol applied to the skin. These ingredients help to increase blood flow and circulation.
The warming sensation is immediately followed by a cold ‘Ice’ treatment with cooling products containing hyaluronic acid, aloe vera with natural extracts, which helps reduce any inflammation or swelling in the skin.
The Fire & Ice Facial begins first with the Fire: an INTENSIVE RESURFACING MASQUE that is designed to resurface your skin safely and effectively, without experiencing any residual peeling.
The “Fire” portion of the treatment is clinically formulated with:
- Sugar Cane Extract (a source of Glycolic Acid) (18%)
- Citric Acid, Apple Extract, Retinol (Vitamin A)
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3)
- Potent antioxidants – including Green Tea Extract
The treatment is designed for use on the face, neck and décolleté. It has a cinnamon scent and tingles a little on your face as it begins to work. This portion of the treatment lasts only 2-3 minutes.
The Ice of the Fire and Ice
Following the Fire, the Ice is applied to help hydrate your newly resurfaced skin. The REJUVENATING MASQUE is designed to cool, hydrate and soothe, and will leave your skin feeling tight, firm, and glowing.
Packed with the ingredients that naturally restore the skin’s balance (hyaluronic acid and aloe vera), the masque is a light gel that will refresh your skin following resurfacing.
The “Ice” portion is formulated with:
- Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid)
- Aloe Vera
- Green Tea Extract
- Licorice Extract
- Grape Seed Extract
- Rosemary Extract
This second masque cools the initial peel to leave the skin invigorated and glowing. The “Ice” portion stays on your face for about 5 minutes.
Finishing of the Fire and Ice Treatment
After a final cleanse, a moisturizing serum and a strong sunscreen are applied to the face. Some people experience redness for a short time after treatment. This should subside within minutes or at the longest, a couple of hours. Be sure to wear a sunscreen for several days and avoid prolonged and direct sun exposure.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE TREATMENT:
It is common for you to feel heat and a slight tingling sensation when the fire masque first comes into contact with your skin. It’s also normal for you to feel the same when the fire masque is being taken off your skin.
The slight burning sensation will be neutralized, and your skin will be soothed when the rejuvenating ice masque is applied on your face.
Once the treatment has been completed, several other complementary serums are applied to hydrate, protect, and soothe your skin further.
The two-step Fire and Ice process takes around 30 minutes to complete.
This facial is popular for its soothing, hydrating, anti-aging powers.
Some of the other results you can expect to see when you treat yourself to a Fire and Ice Facial includes:
- Diminished appearance of fine lines and wrinkles– The masks comprise of powerful iS Clinical products, including potent antioxidants and cosmeceutical serums that are designed to nourish the skin. This can result in the in the diminished appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Reduce appearance of acne scars– As the mask helps to lighten dark spots, it minimises the appearance of acne scars. The mask also goes beyond the surface to clean out pores, making blemish-prone skin ideal for this treatment.
- Improves rough skin – A combination of cosmeceuticals in the mask are designed to remove dead skin. This will smooth away any roughness, leaving skin silky and refreshed.
- Even skin tone – The “fire” portion helps to increase blood flow and circulation. The “ice” portion can help reduce inflammation of the skin. Together this can improve skin tone.
- Restore glow – The combination of an intensive resurfacing and rejuvenating masque will leave your skin with an irresistible glow.
- Safe for all skin types – Fire & Ice Facials can be used on acne-prone skin, damaged, dry skin, oily skin, or a combination of skin types.
- No required downtime – It is unlikely that you will experience skin shedding, redness, inflammation, or irritation.
WHO IS A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR THIS FACIAL:
Anyone that isn’t happy with the appearance of their skin could benefit from iS Clinical Fire and Ice Facial.
This facial treatment is excellent for all skin types and ages.
WHAT PRECAUTIONS SHOULD I TAKE BEFORE AND FOLLOWING MY APPOINTMENT?
There are certain measures that you need to take before you have this treatment done on your face, to get the best possible results.
- Avoid waxing at least 72 hours prior to the treatment.
- Stop using any of your daily skin care products that contain vitamin A, glycolic acid, or any other ingredient that is used for resurfacing. Such products must be stopped at least 3-5 days prior to the treatment.
- It is mandatory that you tell our staff about any medications that you’re taking. Use of some medications may prevent you from receiving this treatment.
- If you are pregnant or suspect that you are pregnant, let our staff know.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT AFTER MY TREATMENT?
One of the great things about the Fire and Ice Facial is that no recovery time is required. Even though a peel is utilized, the products aren't overly harsh. This means that it is unlikely that you will experience any skin shedding, redness, inflammation, or irritation.
However, your skin may seem flushed after treatment, but that should wear off within four to six hours.
- It’s best if you refrain from strenuous workouts for 24 hours, so you don’t sweat excessively.
- If you plan on putting on makeup right after your treatment, make sure it’s non-comedogenic, so it doesn’t clog your pores.
- Use a mild non-abrasive cleanser or other mild product for five days following the procedure
- Use a sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher to protect your skin.
- Prolonged exposure to the sun (for at least 72 hours following this facial treatment) is also discouraged.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I DO A FIRE & ICE CLINICAL FACIAL?
Fire & Ice Facials can be done every four-weeks for maximum results.