What Is LED Light Therapy?
LED Light Therapy is a non-invasive procedure that is absorbed by the skin where it activates specific cellular processes to produce a therapeutic effect. It uses clinically proven wavelengths to recharge these cells, energizing them to heal quicker and rejuvenate faster, thus promoting healing from the inside out. The cell metabolism then builds collagen, increases elasticity, boosts circulation, accelerates tissue repair, and kills bacteria.
Why LED Light Therapy Is Right For You?
LED Light Therapy is a treatment that is absolutely pain-free and results in zero downtime. In fact, LED light can reduce down-time after other treatments. LED Light Therapy is a non-invasive treatment that harnesses the power of pure light to accelerate the skin’s natural healing, rejuvenation and repair processes. It has been clinically proven effective for a wide range of skin concerns.
Conditions suitable for LED Light Therapy:
- Anti-ageing/Skin Rejuvenation (lines and wrinkles)
- Restoring Radiance/Complexion
- Environmentally Damaged Skin (sun or wind damage)
- Acne, Problem Skin
- Pigmentation, Rosacea, Redness
- Eczema, Psoriasis, Dermatitis
- Wound Healing, Scarring, Pain
Dr Sullivan explains LED
Will it give me a tan?
No, LED Phototherapy does not contain the UV rays that stimulate the melanin in the skin to produce a ‘suntan’ effect. LED waves are very different. These stimulate hydration and blood circulation and will give your skin a healthy and radiant glow.
Can in go in the sun after?
There is no need to avoid sun exposure as LED does not make your skin photosensitive. It is safe both before and after sun exposure and can even help sun damage. However, we always recommend minimising sun exposure and use of a good quality, high protection sunscreen.
Does it produce vitamin D?
No, it won’t make your body produce vitamin D, as it does not use UV light. The body’s natural production of vitamin D is in response to UV light which converts cholesterol found naturally in the body to vitamin D3.
Can it be used on the body?
Though mainly used on the face, it is also suitable for use on the body. For example, acne can be targeted on the neck/décolleté and eczema on the hands can be improved.
LED Light Therapy has four wavelengths to accelerate cellular function without any trauma or heat:
What To Expect With LED Light Therapy
LED therapy is a very gentle and relaxing treatment. The skin may feel warm or glowing in response to the boost to circulation, but this is quite tolerable and most find it very pleasant. In fact, exposure to LED light can increase serotonin levels, which helps to relieve stress. Patients find it a very enjoyable and therapeutic treatment.
The results of LED skin therapy leaves the skin looking calmer, clearer, better hydrated, smoother and with a better complexion. LED stimulates the skin’s own natural healing powers, the results continue to improve for 4-6 weeks. Most patients are recommended to have a course of treatment for the best results.
LED skin therapy can be used on all skin types.
There are certain medications which may make LED therapy unsuitable so be sure to detail this to the doctor.
- Over time, healthy skin cells become unable to renew themselves normally. This may be due to a skin problem or simply a consequence of sun exposure or aging.
- LED light is absorbed by the skin where it activates specific cellular processes to produce a therapeutic effect.
- It uses clinically proven wavelengths to recharge these cells energising them to heal quicker and rejuvenate faster, promoting healing from the inside out. The cell metabolism then builds collagen, increases elasticity, boosts circulation, accelerates tissue repair or kills bacteria.
- Laboratory studies have shown that skin cells can regenerate themselves from 150 to 200 per cent faster when exposed to certain LED wavelengths and hydration can be increased by up to 600%.
- Our LED device uses 4 different wavelengths, including blue, yellow, red and near infrared. The exact combination of LED wavelengths will be chosen to suit each individual patient’s own requirements.
- LED therapy is suitable for all skin types. In fact, it can also be used to treat inflammatory problems such as acne, rosacea, eczema and psoriasis.
Before & After